Yeah yeah yeah

These are the comments still let up this morning with the letter to the editor that takes the Eagle to task for its hypocrisy in running ads for massage parlors that may harbor (shhh) sex slavery:

The letter:

Editor:

I normally keep to myself when I sense my hypocrisy meter start to red line, but I felt compelled to write after reading your article about sex victims and the abuse they face ("Sex slavery in Berks County massage parlors," Reading Eagle, Sept. 27).

After being disgusted reading the sex-slave article, I turned to my favorite section, sports, and as usual, found several ads for local massage parlors.

A little bit of research turned up the same two parlors advertising Friday and Saturday. Monday's sports revealed two parlors, one different. I guess the target audience for these businesses also read the Sports section. What a surprise.

If ad revenue is that important, why not relegate these businesses to advertise where they belong, in the regular classified advertising.

Richard Blaha
Spring Township

The comments:

\Richard, good point. I am surprised they printed this but not really, since they are in the meme business. "why not relegate these businesses to advertise where they belong, in the regular classified advertising." Because sadly we can't assume they have committed any crime yet. But the Reading eagle could take an ethical stand and say that is too close to our comfort to allow this kind of advertising. I found your letter great and job well done, revealing how wrong the Eagle is to allow this advertising, now I don't know what to think..I could use a massage though.

Comment By bigtimej at 10/5/2009 12:39:23 AM
Mark the above comment as offensive

"why not relegate these businesses to advertise where they belong, in the regular classified advertising." Ain't capitalism great and perfect?
Comment By bigtimej at 10/5/2009 12:43:33 AM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Capitalism beats Socialism and Communism every day of the weak, moron.
Comment By Beachman 101 at 10/5/2009 8:51:48 AM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Why do you think so many people immigrated here from countries dominated by Fascists, Communists, and Socialists? Because they wanted to be FREE, not enslaved (no pun intended) to idiots like Obama and his big government ILK!
Comment By Beachman 101 at 10/5/2009 8:53:37 AM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Beachman never misses an opportunity to lash out against the left. It would appear that he lives for it, judging by the amount of posting he does here. Though I disagree with his loose use of the term "idiot" and "moron," BigtimeJ was aking for it when he decided to bring capitalism into the mix. I wonder just how capitalist and libertine Beachman is. In a land of true "liberty," wouldn't prostitution be legal? His answer to this question will determine whether he is of the "religious right" or of the true libertarian right. Back to the original letter to the editor, how do you, Reading Eagle, scold with one hand and advertise with the other. I implore you to respond to the charge. How can you advertise for these places, and admonish them at the same time? Myh guess is that we'll get no reply to this.
Comment By sandman at 10/5/2009 1:21:48 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

I lash out against BAD POLICY AND IDEAS! Reagrdless of 'party'. Now get over yourself, Sandman. Obama has economic policies that hurt working people and are bad for America. He is deconstructing Capitalism which limits freedom of choice for the average American. WITHOUT ECONOMIC FREEDOM THERE IS NO POLITICAL FREEDOM! When are you knuckleheads ever going to grasp this concept?
Comment By Beachman 101 at 10/5/2009 1:34:24 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Are the capital letters supposed to mean that you are angry? And you ask me to "get over myself?" I would argue that you are the one with an inflated sense of self. But, I do not intend to argue with you, as you will just respond with some big, capital letter, tirade. Although, you do seem to forget that much of the economic distress we are in stems from a bad war and unchecked greed that led to a stimulus package that was instigated not by Obama, but by the previous administration...but, according to you, Obama is an "idiot." How do you feel about legalized prostitution, the subject of this thread?
Comment By sandman at 10/5/2009 1:44:52 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

What economic freedom? What free market? These are propagandized terms that would put a smile on Josef Geobels face! **** Adam Smith was quite clear on how corporations deconstruct capitalism, but I guess Barack Obama is personally responsible for the corporatization of America as well.
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 2:03:14 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 2:03:14 PM Ah, Goebbels - us Deutsche are always good to illustrate evil. Not to minimize the old Nazies' impact but there are plenty of contemporay ones, look around.
Comment By Old Prussian at 10/5/2009 5:03:21 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

I have to type in large letters so all the 'Goebels Dutchies' can understand! And it is not ANGER it's EMPHASIS you dope. But I say, let's legalize every behavior, from humans bangin' animals to having sex with minors. Let's have 12 wives, so they can all weigh 300# and live off WIC. When we finished there, let's legalize all drug use, decriminalize murder and arson. Maybe then we could have some population reduction in Reading of some of the undesirables! What say you, dude?
Comment By Beachman 101 at 10/5/2009 7:27:54 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Notice what beachman listed as his FIRST preference... big dog indeed!
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 7:50:27 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Also notice how beachman resorts to phrases like "dope" in order to make his points. Because he is devoid of any intellect, he must bully with such intricate vocabulary as these insults. I bet he can't post without resorting to name-calling. Go ahead, beachman, try it. I asked you a legitimate question. In a society in which we grant "liberty," why should two consenting adults be prohibited from completing this type of transaction? This, obviously, is not the case with the above mentioned article. Also, beachman, you should not need to emphasize your point with capital letters. The quality of your writing and the validity of your point should provide all the emphasis needed. Your examples, by the way, are so extreme that they deride your argument. You remind me of Glen Beck.
Comment By sandman at 10/5/2009 9:02:42 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

I might also add that only on the internet do people feel so bold, hiding behind the anonymity of a computer screen, to use such language. I doubt you would call someone a "dope" to their face.
Comment By sandman at 10/5/2009 9:10:39 PM

Comment By sandman at 10/5/2009 9:20:28 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Sorry I hurt your liberal feelings Sandman, you DOPE. Let's just remember: this nation was founded on Judeo Christian values. Not your BS liber(al)(tarian) hippie attitude of do as you please. We will never legalize prostitution due to the Christian values this country was founded on. First it's legalize prostitution, next gay marriage, next drugs, next Sandman's married to 2 dogs, 1 donkey, a Chinese boy, and a parrot. We have to draw the line somewhere.
Comment By BEACHMAN101 at 10/5/2009 9:35:46 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

What happened to the space between beachman and 101?
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 9:39:22 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Truth be told, this nation was not founded on any religious principle. It was founded on the liberal principles shaped by the Enlightenment. There is no mention of God or any such substitute in the U.S. Constitution, the document that founded this nation!
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 9:42:50 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Need proof, beachnut? Tell us which Judeo-Christian value forced Slavery is founded upon!
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 9:46:44 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Oh, that's right... the Slavery issue was compromised to affect the Union. So make that question: What Judeo-Christian value permits the compromising of one's moral principle?
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 9:49:23 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Nothing more American than gay marriage. You cannot hold us down forever. At one time it was tabboo for inter-racial love, now it's completely acceptable. Losers like Beachman are just afraid because they secretly are jeolous of us. By 2o20 I will be a happily married gay man with 8 children!! Eat that silly Beachman!
Comment By STEFFAN at 10/5/2009 9:53:08 PM
The above comment has been marked as offensive and is being reviewed.

Also, what Judeo-Christian value bans me from my right to love whomever I want. This country was founded on freedoms. The gay movement is becoming more and more mainstream. WE ARE AMERICA!! Love it or leave it, but gay in the USA is here today! We are not going anywhere and we will no longer be denied our rights and freedoms!
Comment By STEFFAN at 10/5/2009 9:58:26 PM
The above comment has been marked as offensive and is being reviewed.

What is with the 2(FF) Steffan psuedonym? **** Clearly, your tactics have turned to desperation. I have never seen someone become desperate from a joke... desperate because they feel threatened, but a joke? No way! Which leads to the pertinent question, what exactly are you threatened by? People may become informed?
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 10:05:53 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

That is not me posting at 10:05:53, someone pretending to be me. Probably silly Beachman. Everyone on this forum knows me and that I love posting on these forums. Everyone also knows I am a gay American, and I'm not threatened or intimidated by anyone. So who is desperate? Who feels threatened? Not me, perhaps it is you who pretends to be me that feel threatens. Well guess what? I'm not going anywhere, so get used to it. I love who I am and there is no psuedonym.
Comment By STEFFAN at 10/5/2009 10:17:50 PM
The above comment has been marked as offensive and is being reviewed.

I'll just ignore you and your insecurities. Get a life.
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 10:19:47 PM
The above comment has been marked as offensive and is being reviewed.

You get a life, I'm the real deal and you're pretending to be me loser. Everyone on these forums knows I'm a proud gay man. I have nothing to be ashamed of.
Comment By Steffan at 10/5/2009 10:21:54 PM
The above comment has been marked as offensive and is being reviewed.

I'm sorry. I love you Stefan
Comment By Steffan at 10/5/2009 10:27:18 PM
The above comment has been marked as offensive and is being reviewed.

On a not totally unrelated note, I just love watching these Greenbay Packers. I could watch this all night, and I think I will. I'm so glad the Packers are going down. Yah, the boys in purple just got another touchdown!! My new favorite team.
Comment By Steffan at 10/5/2009 10:29:09 PM
The above comment has been marked as offensive and is being reviewed.

Internet fraud and defamation of character is a litigious offense. The Reading Eagle has the IP address to the date/time stamp, and I have the right and inclination to file a federal lawsuit.
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 10:35:05 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

I'm sorry, I'll stop, I can see you're upset. I did use 2 ffs though so you can't say I pretended to be you. Can I just apologize and we'll let it go?
Comment By Steffan at 10/5/2009 11:01:11 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

You cannot sue someone because you don't have exclusive rights to a name especially since it was spelled different. None the less, I am sorry for getting you upset. I'll stop now.
Comment By Steffan at 10/5/2009 11:19:44 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

The only comment I marked offensive was at 10/5/2009 10:19:47 PM, the Reading Eagle records will confirm this, and I have formally notified the Reading Eagle that you have impersonated me. You probably created the pseudonym using my name and a [space] thinking you are clever. Well, let's see what the Reading Eagle does about this, protect my reputation or become complicit in your fraud? I reserve my right to file a federal defamation lawsuit.
Comment By Stefan at 10/5/2009 11:26:38 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

You impersonated me at 10:27:18 so I marked it offensice and can do the same thing. And I didn't use your name to create a pseudonym because I don't know who you are. How could I possibly know your name
Comment By STEFFAN at 10/5/2009 11:39:36 PM
Mark the above comment as offensive

Wow, beachman 101, that is pretty pathetic. I'm trying as hard as I can to refrain from resorting to your type of name-calling tactics, but it is more and more difficult. You exemplify why the fringe right is a dwindling lot. You also exemplify how the lunatic fringe continues to undermine the more valid arguments held by level headed conservatives. Individuals like you are destroying your own party. I'm done here, as I have a job and other things to do. You can continue to post, all over this forum as you are wont (look it up, that is a word) to do. It appears as though it is all you do, as you're on almost every post representing a decidedly right wing point of view (a charge you deny in a previous post) in a rather unintelligent, vicious manner. Goodbye, and sorry your country will never be the redneck dream you wish it to be.
Comment By sandman at 10/6/2009 7:57:05 AM